To stay updated on CWBS events and opportunities, subscribe to our newsletter through the following link:
Apply to Committees
Join a team focused on Event Planning, Sponsorship, or Design to help build the future of CWBS.
Applications open Fall 2018.
All committee members are required to:
- Have consistent attendance at committee meetings and relevant Board meetings to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Regularly attend CWBS events – three per semester at minimum.
- Two committee meeting absences may result in removal from the committee.
- Begin planning Annual Leadership Conference, which happens in the Spring, including but not limited to:
- Theme and panel design.
- Speaker outreach.
- Event organizing: food, floral arrangements, space bookings, arranging with Digital Marketing and Corporate Engagement teams.
- At the culmination of the annual Conference, the committee will be at the discretion of the chair. Committee options include, but are not limited to: disbanding, internal transfer to other committees, maintaining for other purposes.
- Learn how to brainstorm event ideas, manage multiple facets of a 300-person event from start to finish, connect with professionals, and work across multiple teams.
Membership Development committee
- Assist in the brainstorming process, outreach efforts and execution of all membership engagement events.
- Point-person at least one Membership-specific event per semester.
- Assist in all membership engagement event marketing efforts.
- Responsible for actively recruiting and retaining new general body membership.
- Learn how to manage events from start to finish, brainstorm what motivates people, and connect with professionals.
Corporate Engagement committee
- Reach out to companies for potential item donation or other event sponsorship.
- Assist Chair in creating documents, including email templates and spreadsheets, for reaching out to sponsors.
- Collectively obtain at least 15 raffle items and 20 goodie bag items.
- Consistently be in contact with companies for donation opportunities.
- Learn how to manage funds, speak with potential sponsors, and network with world-renowned companies.
Digital Marketing committee
- Design materials for social media campaigns on all our platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Research relevant articles to our organization to be shared on social media.
- Run Conference social media campaigns.
Visual Design committee
- Assist with maintaining the CWBS website and the Annual Leadership Conference website.
- Design logos for online campaigns and for flyers in main campus buildings, such as Butler Library and Lerner Hall.
- Learn Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, as well as skills in graphic and web design.
Committee applications will launch in September 2018. You are eligible to apply if you are a current student at one of Columbia University's four undergraduate schools: Barnard College, Columbia College, School of General Studies, or The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science.
Please feel free to reach out to any board members or previous committee members with questions.
Apply for our Mentorship Program
Applications open Fall 2018
We are proud to announce our 5th annual Women's Mentorship Program! The program provides students with the opportunity to be mentored by women from across professions. Students will learn more about the fields that they are interested in and will have the chance to build lasting relationships and connections with working professionals. As a mentee, you will be responsible for attending events with your mentor and not being afraid to ask questions. There are events throughout the program to help provide networking opportunities with mentors, ranging from on-campus meet-ups to on-site dinners.
Industries past mentors have come from include, but are not limited to, finance, fashion, tech, and consulting. We are always looking to expand our network, so if you have any interest in finding a mentor from an industry not listed above, or any questions about the program, please contact our Mentorship Chair, Amy Zhang.
Mentorship Program Applications
Applications will launch in September 2018. You are eligible to apply if you are a current student at one of Columbia University's four undergraduate schools: Barnard College, Columbia College, School of General Studies, or The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science.
We highly encourage freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to apply. Applications will launch in September.